JCB is a vibrant, respectful, design-focused studio with more than 70 team members including architects, interior designers and urban designers. We're united by a shared commitment to the exploration of innovative socially and environmentally sustainable design. We're also committed to the creation of an equitable workplace that provides equal opportunities for all.
Current opportunities are typically outlined here and on Instagram. Should you like to join our team, please contact our Careers Coordinator Paula Johnson on the email below (max file size 10MB).
JCB is looking for a passionate and collaborative mid to senior level Interior Designer, with strong documentation, presentation and delivery skills.
Please note, this is a full time 6-month contract role, with the possibility to move to permanent.
About the role
Based in our creative studio in Richmond, you’ll be working in a collaborative and inclusive team environment to deliver exciting, design-focused projects. You’ll:
- Produce concept, schematic, design development presentation packages
- Produce Revit drawings, including joinery detailing
- Prepare accurate construction documentation in Revit
- Work to timelines/deadlines set by Project Interior Designer or Architect
- Apply knowledge of products, furniture and FF&E and prepare schedules
- Present to clients with support of Associate / Team Leader
- Provide contract administration assistance for projects under construction
You're able to work closely with our team and clients to deliver high quality design and documentation packages for multi-residential, hospitality and commercial workplace projects.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Proficiency using Revit
- Good understanding of Interior Revit documentation (5+ years’ experience)
- Proficiency using the Sketch-Up and Adobe Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in front of clients and consultants
- Experience in multi-residential essential
- Experience with hospitality and workplace highly regarded
- Positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Capacity to work as part of a team or autonomously
Salary commensurate with experience.
Eligibility to apply for this position requires Australian residency or appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Please apply with your CV and portfolio via [email protected]